Volunteers at Girls Incorporated of Lynn play an important role in the delivery of the enrichment programs by providing their time, expertise and talent to our members. In the last fiscal year, over 250 people volunteered in numerous ways! Volunteer opportunities are available Monday through Friday. To be accepted as a volunteer, interested individuals must complete a Volunteer Application form and undergo a reference and criminal records check. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old to apply.
Do you have an hour or two to spare each week? Would you like to share your time, expertise and experience with girls? Girls Incorporated of Lynn values the contributions of volunteers! Direct care or “behind the scenes” volunteers enhance girls’ experiences in the program and contribute to inspiring girls to develop into strong, smart and bold individuals.
Our programs are divided into three categories:
- School-Age childcare programs for girls ages 5 to 12
- Middle School programs for members ages 12 to 14
- High School programs for older teens
Most opportunities take place Monday – Friday in the afternoon from 1:45 pm – 5:30 pm. Our teen programs take place after school and early evenings until 7:00 pm. If you are only available during the day we can use your help with bulk mailings and other projects.
- Be a mentor!
- Homework Tutor for girls ages 5 to 18
- Reading Tutor for girls in School Age Child Care Program
- Operation SMART (Science, Math, and Relevant Technology) Program Volunteers
- Help with our bulk mailings & Special events
- Help with fundraising events
- Career Speaker: share your career experience with our teens
- Share your skills in a workshop
- Host a job shadow day or an internship
- College Internships are also available for credit.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 781.592.9744 ext. 277 or email@example.com