Career Path is a year round program that focuses on academics while teaching job readiness and life skills. Through their participation, teens become competitive candidates for college opportunities and vocational training after graduating from high school. Computer skills, internships, career exploration and college tours are included in the program.
In addition, Career Path offers financial literacy workshops that teach teens the necessary skills to become financially responsible and independent.
This program hosts a Career Speaker Series that provides teens the opportunity to meet and talk with successful women from a variety of professional fields and hear about their career path in an informal setting.
- Volunteer opportunities in places such as My Brother’s Table
- Practice reading job postings, filling out applications, interviewing, job etiquette
- Homework assistance, development of study skills, SAT preparation, and tutoring
- Field trips to work sites and job shadow experiences
- Field trips to colleges and other educational programs
- Life skills including teen health, drug abuse, STD and early pregnancy prevention
- Assistance with all aspects of a participant’s life to ensure success
- Paid summer internships
For more information, please contact:
Career Path Advisor
Karyn King Fargo